Students must meet all General Competition Guidelines(found at bottom of the page) in order to enter.
- Students are limited to a total of two (2) entries in each competition category.
- Students must completely fill out and sign each competition entry form.
- Entries must be received on or before FRIDAY, October 6, 2017 @ 5PM.
- When showing a board as an image, please include one full image of the board, then several other close-up areas of the board for the judges to see the details.
- A design statement is required. This statement should be an explanation of the concept, function, and purpose of the project.
- Entries must be current year or previous year’s projects.
- The project should be taken from coursework but may have been modified subsequently.
- The project may be hand drawn, completed with computer aided design, or a harmonious combination thereof.
- Make sure no identifying information appears in any image or within in file name. Your identifying information should only appear on the entry form.
- Projects may be entered in more than one category as long as it meets the qualifications of both categories.
General Competition Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines apply to all Student Competition categories. Please read all rules carefully.
- Competitions are open to students majoring in Interior Design at a 2-, 3-, or 4-year College or university.
- Graduate students are not eligible to compete.
- Winners must be present at the ASID Texas Chapter 2017 Student Symposium Awards Ceremony on Saturday, October 28, 2017, to accept award in person or the award will be forfeited.
- A fee will be assessed to enter the competition.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- Winning entries will be held by ASID Texas. The photographs will become the property of ASID Texas and the Competition Sponsor.
- Winning entries and contestants identity, including photographs, may be used for publicity by ASID Texas or the Competition Sponsor.
- Any entry which does not meet ALL competition rules will not be judged.
- ASID Texas, Competition Sponsors and Event Organizers will assume no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged entries.
- All entries must fully be the work of the entering student.
- Students name or school name should not appear on or in any of the pages or images provided. **Any name or identifying information will immediately disqualify your entry.**
- Student must be a U.S. Resident, and by October 6, 2017, be at least 18 years of age. If entrant does not meet these age requirements, then his or her parent or legal guardian must also sign student information sheets and entry forms.
- Any project entered in any previous ASID Student Competition may not be re-entered.
- The judges reserve the right not to issue an award for any category where they do not feel the quality of work meets certain design standards.
- First and Second Place recipients will receive a cash prize and award.
- All winners will be recognized in the ASID Texas Chapter quarterly magazine, Design Texas.
- All winners will be recognized on the ASID Texas Chapter website, asidtx.org, as well as on the Student Symposium website, asidtxstudentsymposium.org, throughout the 2017-2018 leadership year.
- All winners will be recognized in an official ASID Texas Chapter email to all member categories: Practitioners, Industry Partners and Students.